Austria or Österreich or officially the Republic of Austria is a landlocked country located in the Central part of Northern Europe. The country is a federal republic and is divided into 9 states (Bundesländer) and is located in the heart of the Alps. According to the Legatum Prosperity Index which studied 167 countries around the globe, Austria ranks 4th in safety and security, 12th richest country in the world, 22nd in education, 5th in the natural environment, 11th in living conditions, and 14th in personal freedom. Plus, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) supports that Austria ranks higher than any other country in Europe in terms of well-being.
Why Study in AUSTRIA?
Austria might be a small country, but it packs a big punch in European education. The country is seen as very safe, with low crime and a good standard of living. Austria is also a cultural hub.
Austria is an ideal destination for studying! In Austria you will find 70 top-class universities with more than 350,000 university students, 25% of them are international students.
Austria offers six types of higher education institutions:
- 22 public universities, including 6 Universities of the Arts, 3 Medical Universities and 3 Technical Universities
- 16 private universities
- 21 universities of Applied Sciences
- 14 University Colleges of Teacher Education
Studies in Austria are quite affordable, especially if you are a European national, where you can study almost for free. Austria has some of the best universities in the world ranking high in the global university rankings like the University of Vienna (the oldest and most famous university of the country), the Vienna University of Technology, Innsbruck University, University of Graz, University of Salzburg or Johannes Kepler University Linz, to name a few.
Austria offers you :
- a broad spectrum of study opportunities
- various programmes taught in English
- great social security and economic stability
- generous hospitality and an overwhelming landscape
- exciting cultural attractions and outdoor activities.
The Austrian education system is one of the best education systems in the world. Students from all over the world get admission and study in Austria. There are many reasons which will motivate you to study in Austria. Few are given here.
- Lowest Fee in Austria
- Scholarships for international students
- Part-time work allowed during studies
- IELTS not required for admission in universities
This is why Austria is the perfect place for studying and living!