The required documents for an EU Blue Card are as follows:
1. Application Form.
- It must be filled by either you or your employer with honest and correct information. Print the form twice and sign both copies at the end.
- Valid for at least 15 more months beyond your planned date to leave the EU. Is must not be damaged. It must have at least two blank pages in order to be able to affix visa, as well.
3. Copies of important passport pages.
- These are the first pages with your details and the pages with visa stickers and stamps.
4. Previous passports.
- If you have any older passports, you will have to submit them too. If you have more than one old passport then tie them together with a rubber band.
5. Two photos.
- They must be identical and meet the ICAO standards. The photos must be in color, with white plain background and taken within the last three months.
6. Work contract with an EU employer based in the country you wish to work in.
- It should be signed by all parties involved. It must be valid for at least one year, meeting at least the minimal required wage.
7. Proof of professional level.
- A university diploma is required as a proof of professional level.It is compulsory to also show proof of continuous 5 years professional work experience in your field.
- In case of regulated profession – present the acquired certificate.
8. Up-to-date CV.
9. Proof of application fee payment.
10. Proof of health insurance.
11. Proof that your salary exceeds the average in the hosting state by 1.5 times or 1.2 times for professions in shortage
12. A written declaration by your employer.
- This is a document written by your employer stating reasons of employment and the benefits gained by this act. As a sponsor it is sufficient to write a declaration stating that the employee meets all conditions and requirements important to the employer.
13. Proof of no threat to the public policy, security or health of the hosting state.
To prepare and gather the required documentation, such as the recognition of qualification or translation of documents and other similar documents, you will need approximately 4-6 months. Some member states may be quicker although you will need to keep this detail in mind when interested to apply.
Application Process for an EU Blue Card:
The application process for an EU Blue Card differs from one EU country to another. The Member States are free to decide whether the application for the card has to be made by the third-country national and/or their employer.
Most of the member states require candidates to apply by setting appointments at the appropriate Embassies or Consulates in their home countries; few member states offer online applications.
The EU Member States can also set an upper limit of the third-country nationals that can enter their country under an EU Blue Card. The application fee payment for issuance is 140 € while 100 € for the renewal of the EU Blue Card. After handing in the application, you may have to wait for a maximum of 3 months/90 days until processing is complete.
EU Blue Card Application Processing Time :
The maximum processing time for issuing an EU Blue Card is 90 days.
EU Blue Card Rejection Reasons :
Your application for a Blue Card may be rejected based on one or more of the following:
- You have not met the eligibility criteria.
- Your application was based on incorrect or false information.
- You are considered a threat to public policy, public security or public health of the EU.
- A national or EU worker or an already present non-EU citizen could fill the vacancy.
- Your employer has been found guilty for employed irregular migrants without documents.
- Your home country lacks qualified workers in your sector.
You have the right to appeal against the decision of rejection or withdrawal within three weeks of the decision’s arrival – an attorney can also appeal on your behalf. The hosting states’ competent authorities will determine the court and the time where the appeal may take place. If you do not apply before the deadline, you will be rejected.
Learn More About What is EU Blue Card?- Benefits.